Opinion & Analysis
27 November 2014 - Maxie Saviel, MAXIE FINANCE
Dear Sir/Ma, We have direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and... Continue...
27 November 2014 - Shareque Husain-Syed, Catalyst Development
Compliance is like Christmas: it’s about costing the future. And it’s fairly predictable. Every year we are faced with the same dilemma, what to spend our money on. The same is true for Regulation. Every year we face new rules to comply with and most capital market participants do nothing until t... Continue...
26 November 2014 - Paul Willson, Etrali Trading Solutions
New requirements under MIFID II may force firms to re-examine their organisational structure and the way they organise their technology. Compliance needs to play a commanding role in the procurement, implementation and ongoing management of networks, market data and data centres. Continue...
26 November 2014 - Yuriy Shterk, Fidessa
The complexity in derivatives market structure is rapidly increasing, and as complexity in accessing liquidity outstrips human processing capacity, algorithms are becoming a crucial part of both buy-side and sell-side armories as competitive differentiators. Continue...
26 November 2014 - Allan Grody, Financial InterGroup
The financial supply chain’s new global coding scheme is not yet the success story regulators hoped for. But recent initiatives are focusing on incrementally adjusting the coding scheme as regulators attempt to roll it out across the globe. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
25 November 2014
- Banks Are Unprepared for Failure, Regulators Fear (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Regulatory Focus on Cybersecurity Fuels Financial Controls (Orangefield Columbus, Joseph Holman) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Synchronizing Regulation (Fidessa, Christian Voigt) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
24 November 2014
- Share Buybacks or Special Dividends? (Markit, Relte Stephen Schutte)
- Change Is Coming to Canada’s Capital Markets (Aequitas Innovations, Jos Schmitt) Mastering Execution
- An E-Trading Treasury Market ‘Flash Crash’? Not So Fast (TABB Group, Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr.) Mastering Execution 3 Comments
- SCORPEO expands with senior hires in London and US; opens Boston office (Anonymous)
23 November 2014
- A Balanced Approach To Cybersecurity & Technology Investment (Aponix Financial Technologists, Raj Bakhru) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
21 November 2014
- Benchmarking TCO, Part 1: Introducing a Framework for Transformation (TABB Group, Paul Rowady) 4 Comments
- Balancing Act: Access Versus Security in 2015 Technology Trends (Richard Fleischman & Associates , Grigoriy Milis) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- 4 Questions to Consider When Building a Security Platform (Alert Logic, Steve Salinas) A QuantFORUM story
- Reg SCI Gets Go-Ahead; Emphasis on Risk-Based Approach (Citihub Consulting, Keith Maitland) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- A New Era in Federal Regulation: CFTC Commissioner Giancarlo’s 6 Principles for Financial Market Regulation (CFTC Commissioner, J. Christopher Giancarlo) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 1 Comment
- The 5 W’s of Data Classification (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo) A QuantFORUM story
20 November 2014
- 5 Keys to the Future of Crowdfunding and Marketplace Lending as New Asset Classes (S. Jordan Associates, Scott Jordan)
- What I Learned at SEFCON 5 (Clarus Financial Technology, Tod Skarecky) Mastering Execution
- FTT: Stuck between a rock and a hard place (Fidessa, Anne Plested) Mastering Execution
- Reg SCI Does Not Go Far Enough (Themis Trading LLC, Joe Saluzzi) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 5 Comments
- Canadian Derivatives Markets: Co-Existing in the Shadow of a Giant (TABB Group, Andy Nybo)
19 November 2014
- Overwhelmed by Regulation? You’re Not Alone (TABB Group, Larry Tabb) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight