Opinion & Analysis
23 May 2013 - Larry Thompson, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp.
Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act attempted to provide transparency into and reduce the systemic risk inherent in the OTC derivatives market. Unfortunately, it also includes provisions that threaten the high level of transparency and global data-sharing envisioned by Dodd-Frank. Continue...
22 May 2013 -
Outsourcing clearing can help a broker reduce costs and enter new markets and asset classes more quickly. But not every firm can tolerate the loss of control over client relationships, and the cost savings aren’t always as advertised. Continue...
22 May 2013 - Rebecca Healey, TABB Group
As the regulatory focus from Brussels shifts to pre-trade risk, the wealth of data generated for regulatory reporting will rewrite the rulebook for equity derivatives trading. But systemic risk is likely to morph into liquidity risk. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
21 May 2013
- Flash Crash Due (futex, Neil Crammond) Mastering Risk
- Buy-Side Steps Up on Counterparty Risk (Fidessa, Matt Grinnell ) Mastering Risk
- HFT: The Good News, and the Bad News (Wunsch Auction Associates LLC, Steve Wunsch) Powering Intelligent Alpha Capture 11 Comments
- Test Driving Client Communication Software (Vermilion Software, Ben McCormack) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets
- Big Data, Big Opportunity? Perhaps, but it requires a completely new mind-set (Capco, Mark Record) Mastering Risk
20 May 2013
- How Does the European Transfer Agency Market Stack Up? (Bravura Solutions , Andy Chesterton) Driving Enterprise Transformation
- OTC Transformation Powers Futures Growth (TABB Group, Matt Simon) Driving Enterprise Transformation 1 Comment
- Barclays announces commitment to reporting dark pool volume (Barclays) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets 1 Comment
- Targeting Alpha With Analytics and Algorithmic Optimization (TABB Group, Miranda Mizen) Powering Intelligent Alpha Capture
17 May 2013
- Record Volumes Traded in European Dark Pools in Q1 (Fidessa, Tina Timneva) Innovations in Trading and Technology
- The Death of Alpha on Wall Street (Appleby Capital, Scott Appleby) Powering Intelligent Alpha Capture 9 Comments
- Choose Your Own Path: Buy, Build, or Both? (Progress Software, Theo Hildyard) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets
16 May 2013
- SIFMA Strongly Disagrees with CFTC’s Final SEF Rules (SIFMA) Mastering Risk
- Expect Fireworks in D.C. Over Swaps Rules and Extraterritoriality (G. M. Bollenbacher & Co., Ltd. , George Bollenbacher)
- Buy Side Backs Bloomberg Margin Request (TABB Group, Will Rhode) Mastering Risk 2 Comments
- Robust collateral management: What is it? Why is it important? How to get there! (FOXEYE, Martin Schuhmayer) Mastering Risk
15 May 2013
- Failure to Meet OTC Clearing Deadline Will Be Costly (TABB Group, Will Rhode)
- Crown Jewels: Driving Toward Strategic Change in Banks (Capco, Mark Reeves) Driving Enterprise Transformation
- FIX May Be a Standard, But It’s Far From Uniform (The LaSalle Technology Group, LLC, Amber Voght) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets 2 Comments
- FATCA Compliance and the Great Expectation/Preparation Divide (Capco, Sivananda Rallabandi) Driving Enterprise Transformation