Opinion & Analysis
24 July 2014 - Larry Thompson, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp.
While Congress may have sprinted to enact Dodd-Frank, over the past 1,460-plus days since the legislation became law, regulators have altered their pace and focused on simply crossing the finish line. Continue...
24 July 2014 - David Pearson, Fidessa
Regulations and the move to T+2 settlement are placing a huge burden on post-trade operations, which must embrace all strands of the business process if firms are to understand the real cost of doing business in specific assets, and with specific clients. Meanwhile, brokers may start to push back... Continue...
24 July 2014 - Clayton McGratty, Tradeweb
Developed initially as a way to reduce clearing costs, compression allows traders to submit up to 100 line items to market making participants for pricing and execution at one time. But once market participants started using compression trading, they also found that the process lent itself to cus... Continue...
23 July 2014 - Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., TABB Group
The balancing act between financial stability and economic growth is a delicate matter. Has regulation and intervention into the financial markets gone too far? Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
23 July 2014
- Pensions, Funding Infrastructure, and the Interest Rate Saga (Lumesis, Lumesis, Inc., Gregg Bienstock, Michael Craft)
- It’s Time for Real Innovation in the OTC Space (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- If the Stock Market Is Doing So Well, Why Isn’t It More Popular? (ConvergEx Group, Jessica Rabe) A QuantFORUM story 1 Comment
22 July 2014
- Sustainability: No Longer an Afterthought (PwC’s Investor Resource Institute, Kayla Gillan)
- Dodd-Frank: Title VII and Section 619, Four Years On (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 8 Comments
- Money Market Funds – What cost safety? (Fidessa, Matt Grinnell) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Dynamic Data Integration, Part 2: All That Glitters Is Not ‘Golden Copy’ (TABB Group, Gabriel Lowy) A QuantFORUM story
21 July 2014
- BCBS 239: Data First, Reporting After (Markit, Paul McPhater) A QuantFORUM story
- Dodd-Frank at 4: Derivatives Reform Is a Glass Half Full (MRV Associates, Mayra Rodriguez Valladares) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- The Seven Critical Qualities of Market Data Infrastructure (Thomson Reuters, Mike Powell) The Bionic Trading Desk 1 Comment
18 July 2014
- Understanding the Need for Data Loss Prevention (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo) A QuantFORUM story
- Use of FPGAs in FX Trading (NanoSpeed, Sanjay Shah) A QuantFORUM story
- Crunch Time for Clearinghouses as Regulators and Participants Shift Focus (TABB Group, Radi Khasawneh) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- ATS Transparency: Raising the Standard (Bloomberg Tradebook, Gary Stone) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 3 Comments
17 July 2014
- What Is a Basis Point Worth? (Chelsea Global Advisors, Edward Talisse)
- Time Synchronization: Hang On a Second! (Fidessa, Anne Plested) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 2 Comments
- 5 Tech Trends Investment Managers Can’t Ignore (SimCorp, Anders Kirkeby) The Bionic Trading Desk
- If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Manage It: Measuring Errors, Capacity and Performance in Financial Application Stacks (Lucera, Jacob Loveless) A QuantFORUM story