Opinion & Analysis
19 August 2014 - Rupesh Khendry, Microsoft
In this article, Rupesh Khendry, Head of WW Capital Markets Industry Solutions at Microsoft, discusses the compelling value proposition for cloud solutions in the risk management arena. He addresses how cloud can help institutions grow their business, streamline operations, and manage risk while ... Continue...
19 August 2014 - Peter Nabicht, Modern Markets Initiative
A common misperception of electronic trading is that high cancel rates imply bad behavior. But frequent updating of prices based on changes in the underlying data is good for market participants and investors because it ensures fair, orderly, and efficient prices. Understanding the purpose behind... Continue...
19 August 2014 - Kevin Foley, AQUA
Traders often are reluctant to trade in block size for fear of adverse selection and moving the market. But those fears are overdone, and they’re costing the buy side dearly. Continue...
19 August 2014 - Sal Arnuk, Joe Saluzzi, themis, Themis Trading LLC
Themis Trading’s Sal Arnuk and Joe Saluzzi have long argued against payment for order flow. They respond to Larry Tabb’s letter to Sen. Levin urging the senator to reconsider his proposal to ban the practice. Continue...
19 August 2014 - Shareque Husain-Syed, Catalyst Development
MiFID II introduces data transparency requirements to a wider set of products than MiFID I did, and combined with EMIR, sets new standards on data to be provided to regulators. Who is that data for? And how is that data being used? There are many questions around MiFID II induced transparency tha... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
18 August 2014
- Corporate Bond Trading: New Directions, New Venues (TABB Group, TabbFORUM)
- Cybersecurity Best Practices: Access & Education Matter (Eze Castle Integration, Mary Beth Hamilton)
- Banning Payment for Order Flow Would ‘Magnify Conflicts of Interest’: Larry Tabb (TABB Group, Larry Tabb) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 9 Comments
15 August 2014
- One Great Big Risk? To Clear or Not to Clear (Thomas Murray, Miles Reucroft)
- Good Luck, Chair White: Advisory Committees and Roundtables in the 21st Century (The Security Traders Association, James Toes) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
14 August 2014
- US Securities Lending Revenues Rebound (Markit, Simon Colvin) 1 Comment
- How Companies Can Keep Sensitive Data Secure with Multi-Factor Authentication (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo)
- For Traders, Orange Is the New Black (Software AG, Theo Hildyard) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 2 Comments
- Systematic Internalizers: Pre-Emptive Compliance (Fidessa, Christian Voigt) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
13 August 2014
- Timing the Bond Market: The Stock-Bond Correlation (Chelsea Global Advisors, Edward Talisse) A QuantFORUM story
- Fixed Income Market Makers Must Revamp Business Model (TABB Group, Radi Khasawneh) 3 Comments
- The Risk Management Advantage: A Conversation with Citadel’s Alex Lurye and Risk.net’s Kris Devasabai
12 August 2014
- Derivatives Plagued by Manual Processing – the Case for Automation (SimCorp, Jørgen Vuust Jensen) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- HIPAA Compliance through Data Security (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo)
- Implementing Algo Strategies on FPGAs – Part 1 (NanoSpeed, Sanjay Shah) A QuantFORUM story
- The Brave New World of Instant Messaging (Thomson Reuters, Markit, Yvette Jackson, Andrew Eisen) The Bionic Trading Desk 5 Comments
11 August 2014
- Putting High Touch in Low-Touch Trading (BT, Robin Farnan) The Bionic Trading Desk
- Supercharging Alternative Investing: Direct Investing via Investor Syndicates (S. Jordan Associates, Scott Jordan)
- Investor Expectations: Come On Get Happy (ConvergEx Group, Nicholas Colas) A QuantFORUM story
8 August 2014
- Cyber-Attacks Increasingly Hold Financial Services Hostage (BT, Luke Beeson)