Opinion & Analysis
3 March 2015 - Kelvin To, Data Boiler Technologies, LLC
Volcker Rule compliance is the most puzzling challenge ever for the financial industry. Market participants need a system of internal controls designed to monitor and ensure compliance. But how should this system be built? Continue...
3 March 2015 - Colby Jenkins, Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., TABB Group, TABB Group
The mechanics of corporate bond liquidity have fundamentally changed. While corporate bond ETFs are not a singular means for solving the liquidity conundrum in the institutional market, they are becoming an increasingly valuable investment tool, providing traditional asset managers with greater o... Continue...
3 March 2015 - Teifion Thomas, SunGard’s capital markets business
To consider Spain a viable market for investing, industry participants outside of the country will need to find a cost-effective way of reducing operational complexity in dealing in the Spanish market. Systems must be able to adapt to regulatory change and different settlement conditions and proc... Continue...
2 March 2015 -
The leaders of Wall Street institutions need to spend more time talking about how to best serve their customers and working to regain the trust of Main Street. If that doesn’t happen, further government intrusion will lead to unintended and undesirable consequences. Continue...
2 March 2015 - Nicholas Colas, ConvergEx Group
Would a major technology company consider buying a global automobile manufacturer? How they can avoid it? With both Google and Apple – and their substantial corporate ecosystems – clearly focused on the self-driving car, it is just a matter of time before you hear that any one of the world’s majo... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
2 March 2015
27 February 2015
- Under Pressure: Risk, Compliance and the New Wave of Regulations (TABB Group, Shagun Bali) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- The Ten Commandments of Investing Transformation (Marcus Today, Marcus Padley)
- The 7 Pillars of Market Surveillance 2.0 – Pillar #1: A Convergent Threat System (Software AG, Theo Hildyard) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight 1 Comment
26 February 2015
- Can SPAN Margin for Futures Be Higher than HistSim Margin? (Clarus Financial Technology, Amir Khwaja)
- Start-Up SEF Taking the Fight to Incumbents (Independent, Ivy Schmerken)
- Addressing Analytics: Extracting Value from the New Data Currency (Intel, Mike Blalock)
25 February 2015
- US Options: Buy-Side Behavioral Responses to Shifting Liquidity (Bloomberg Tradebook, Bloomberg, Gary Stone, John Gardner) Mastering Execution
- Managed Services Are Rewriting the Trading Infrastructure Equation (Interactive Data 7ticks, Moshe Siegel)
- Saving the Investment Research Business Model (Analec, Analec, Indy Sarker, Michael Murray)
24 February 2015
- U.S. Treasury Futures: What’s in the Basket? (Trading Technologies, Bill Campbell) A QuantFORUM story
- SDRs: The SEC Weighs in on Swaps Reporting – Part 2 (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Corporate Bond Benchmarks: Third-Party Pricing Driving Transparency, Electronic Trading, and Dealer Business Transformation (TABB Group, TABB Group, Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., Radi Khasawneh) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
23 February 2015
20 February 2015
- Finally, Volcker’s Intent Is Hacked and Leaked (Data Boiler Technologies, LLC, Kelvin To)
- New Tech Development: Coming to Grips With Non-Functional Requirements (The Realization Group, Mike O'Hara)
- TCA and the Theory of Everything (ITG, Michael Sparkes) Mastering Execution 1 Comment