Derivatives Opinion & Analysis
20 May 2013 - Miranda Mizen, TABB Group
Buy-side traders often struggle to stay in control of the algorithmic environment. To find alpha in today’s fragmented market, they need better auto-pilot functions, with monitoring tools and the ability to change course in the case of turbulence. Continue...
16 May 2013 - Will Rhode, TABB Group
SIFMA has come out in support of Bloomberg’s request to the CFTC to reduce the 5-day VaR calculation if initial margin for swaps to the same 1-day VaR requirement for futures. But shouldn’t it be left to each DCO to determine margin requirements based on how it chooses to compete in the marketplace? Continue...
16 May 2013 - Martin Schuhmayer, FOXEYE
Financial institutions around the world need to get their collateral management processes ready for the challenges ahead. The goal is to establish robust collateral management. But what is robust collateral management -- and how can institutions get there? Continue...
15 May 2013 - Mark Reeves, Capco
Partnering with a third party offers banks an opportunity to create a flexible and loyal workforce and invest in strategic change initiatives that can provide sustainable cost differentiation at the same time. Continue...
Recent Derivatives Opinion & Analysis
14 May 2013
13 May 2013
10 May 2013
9 May 2013
- LSOC Doesn’t Have to Be Painful for FCMs (SunGard, Daniel Parker)
8 May 2013
7 May 2013
- MiFID II: A Second Look at Market Structures (Capco, David Gest)
6 May 2013
- @TabbFORUM Recognized Among Top Twitter Feeds for #Derivatives, Trading & Technology (TabbFORUM, Les Kovach)
3 May 2013
- Chicago-Style Risk: Finding Religion (TABB Group, Paul Rowady) Mastering Risk 3 Comments
- Part-Time Work Dominates April Jobs Report (Greencrest Capital, Max Wolff)
- Maintaining Liquidity in European OTC Derivatives Markets in the Age of OTFs (Wholesale Markets Brokers’ Association , Alex McDonald) Innovations in Trading and Technology
- German HFT Act: Keeping to the letter of the law (Fidessa, Christian Voigt) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets
1 May 2013
- The Outlook for Derivatives Markets (TabbFORUM)
- Life as a Market Maker Is Tough (Fidessa, Christian Voigt)
- Turning Business Challenges Into Opportunities: Optimising Derivatives Operations (DST Global Solutions, Geoff Harries) Driving Enterprise Transformation
30 April 2013
- Mitigating the High Cost of Change: Building a Dynamic Operating Model (Milestone Group, Geoff Hodge) Driving Enterprise Transformation