Opinion & Analysis
17 May 2013 - Tina Timneva, Fidessa
The growth in the value of trades executed in dark pools in Europe reached 28 percent in the first quarter of 2013. Meanwhile, the overall trade size on dark venues has continued to decrease. Continue...
17 May 2013 - Theo Hildyard, Progress Software
Capital markets firms need to add real-time pre-trade risk management controls into their systems without adding latency that renders their strategies useless. Here’s a checklist to help you determine whether to buy, build or take a hybrid approach. Continue...
16 May 2013 -
Shortly after the CFTC approved Thursday the final rules governing swap execution facilities, SIFMA released a statement arguing that the new rules 'will negatively impact investors and hinder the ability of American businesses to manage risk.' Continue...
16 May 2013 - George Bollenbacher, G. M. Bollenbacher & Co., Ltd.
While the CFTC has taken a rules-first and extraterritoriality-later approach to swaps regulation, the SEC has taken an extraterritoriality-first and rules-later approach. Negotiations between the two regulators to harmonize the rules may be the summer’s best entertainment in the capital. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
16 May 2013
- Buy Side Backs Bloomberg Margin Request (TABB Group, Will Rhode) Mastering Risk 1 Comment
- Robust collateral management: What is it? Why is it important? How to get there! (FOXEYE, Martin Schuhmayer) Mastering Risk
15 May 2013
- Failure to Meet OTC Clearing Deadline Will Be Costly (TABB Group, Will Rhode) Driving Enterprise Transformation
- Crown Jewels: Driving Toward Strategic Change in Banks (Capco, Mark Reeves) Driving Enterprise Transformation
- FIX May Be a Standard, But It’s Far From Uniform (The LaSalle Technology Group, LLC, Amber Voght) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets 2 Comments
- FATCA Compliance and the Great Expectation/Preparation Divide (Capco, Sivananda Rallabandi) Driving Enterprise Transformation
14 May 2013
- 5 Ways Consumer Technology Is Changing Financial Services (DataArt, Alexei Miller) Innovations in Trading and Technology
- SEFs Control Their Own Fate (TABB Group, Will Rhode) Driving Enterprise Transformation 2 Comments
- Are You Ready to Trade Derivatives in the New Paradigm? (Woodbine Associates, Sean Owens) Mastering Risk 2 Comments
- Swap Your Workflow (Fidessa, Mark Brennan ) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets
13 May 2013
10 May 2013
- 5 Reasons to Consider Co-Sourcing (Gravitas, Jayesh Punater) Driving Enterprise Transformation
- Man vs. Machine: Is There Hope for Human Traders? (University of Virginia , Robert Webb, Alexander Webb) Enabling Platforms For Fast Markets 3 Comments
- More Headaches for Swap Dealers (TABB Group, Colby Jenkins)
- Buy Side Can't Hide From Reporting Requirements (Fidessa, Robin Strong)
9 May 2013
- LSOC Doesn’t Have to Be Painful for FCMs (SunGard, Daniel Parker)
- Can Open Source Models Fix the Credit Ratings Industry? (Public Sector Credit Solutions, Marc Joffe) Innovations in Trading and Technology
8 May 2013
- IT Security’s 50 Shades of Grey (Viewfinity , Leonid Shtilman)